18.2.14

Morocco VI

// to the market

Morocco VIMorocco VIMorocco VIMorocco VI

We visited another market to have breakfast in a Berber tent and to buy a rooster. The breakfast was always with sweet green tea and fresh bread with olive oil. We would eat the rooster in the tajine for lunch, so we carried it along the road back to the guest house. In the back garden it was killed while I was holding it. It was not for fun that I wanted to help, but because in an way I think it is hypocritical to eat meat and not have the guts to kill an animal (I had been vegetarian for a while, but since I am allergic to soy, nuts and wheat, it didn't work out well). It may sound crude, but I think this rooster had a good life and the way animals are treated in western Europe is much more inhumane. The tajine was very good in the end.

The last photo was taken in the kitchen and I think it came out very well. The rest of my photos is still in my camera on the film roll. I am a little bored to take pictures of the places I already photographed too often, so I have to look for new things, take photos at night or visit new places. :)

10 comments :

  1. The rooster looked beautiful and it must have been really delicious too! I understand your point of view, and as much as I love animals I have never been vegetarian. It's a noble thing to choose good, fair produces though!
    I hope you'll soon find new places to photograph... I have the same problems at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is also that you become blind for the beautiful views if you come across a place too often.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am also very glad it came out this way. :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful pictures! that seems like a very exotic place. something i'd like to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I depends what your reference is, I think. I had never been to Africa, and it was the first time I was outside Europe, so to me it was also very exotic. But I felt very welcome and at home there.

      Delete
  4. Your Morocco series is making swoon, everything is beautiful through your lens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i grew up in a farm and i saw my family killing a lot of ducks,sheep,cows,rabbits and although i am not a vegetarian because i am lazy,i only eat meat outside,can not take my mind of the animals being killed so i prefer not to,but i think you were very brave and i understand your position about this subject!
    That last picture is magical,looks like a painting <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also understand your point of view. Normally I don't eat much meat, but mainly because of the environment. But there in Morocco it was sort of different I think.

      Delete

Feel invited to comment. :)